Code::Blocks

Started by
3 comments, last by nullsquared 14 years, 10 months ago
This is the stupidest question i have ever asked, but i need someone to teach me how to get a compiler for my code::blocks. I have tried every compiler on the compilers list and they all throw up an error and write: "program name" uses an invalid compiler. skipping That i think means i don't have any of the compilers. So maybe you can help me? thx in advance :)
Advertisement
Sorry to see you're still having problems. Assuming you're on windows, you can easily install the g++ compiler along with Code::Blocks. If you download and install codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe from the Code::Blocks website, it should include the g++ compiler. I remember when I did this everything just "worked."
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Actually, if you want to use Code::Blocks, which is perfectly fine, it is better to get mingw/g++ here. For some odd reason mingw ships with a pretty out of date version of g++. This distro provides a much newer release.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
thanks a million gazillion times guys. The problem was that i had downloaded the code::blocks version without the mingw compiler. Now i can finlly get back to programming. :D

EDIT: Again too soon to cheer. Now i installed the mingw version and i have the compiler, but which name on the list is the mingw compiler
Should be the first one that says "detected", the GCC one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement