my first big flash-game

Started by
5 comments, last by theOcelot 14 years, 10 months ago
http://www.kongregate.com/games/GarbuzGames/spiderx this is my first big flash-game, wich was published. Please write what are you thinking about it. Thanks!
Advertisement
I thought that was very neat, and novel in my experience. I'm terrible at it, but I don't think that's your fault. The presentation was quite good.

If I had to make a suggestion, I think the experience would be heightened by a little tolerance for touching the bombs. If a teensy tiny touch didn't ignite them, then there'd be a very tense, "Oh, shiiiiiii-" moment if you nicked one, which would be fairly enjoyable, whereas the current system just turns that error into a do-over. I think that the effect could be achieved without being exploitable, as long as you couldn't move the bombs very gently out of the way orslowly sneak a fly through them.
That was great, I played all the levels there were. ^_^ I like the art, the gameplay elements, and the background music was pretty good although I was a little tired of that by the end.

Some ideas: the game would benefit from more humor - funnier sound effects like the spider saying Yum! and Mmmm! when it eats flies, pink flies buzzing when they move, monsters going OMNOMNOM when they eat flies and Yipe! when they get exploded, names of levels, a scared face for the spider when bombs go off, and maybe a nuclear bomb blast that covers the whole screen or big tombstone that falls down for the instant death squares. Maybe replace the bombs with hot peppers (explosively hot! ^_~ ) to go with the eating theme.

Some other elements that might be fun - some levels with an infinite number of shots, some levels with a hundred flies where the goal is to eliminate them all, levels with a time limit, weights that need to be pulled onto switches, mirrors that bounce a shot 90 degrees, flies that walk, and bombs of different colors with different explosion radii for puzzles of strategically blowing things up. Also, the bonuses earned from getting extra flies or having shots left over could be spendable on special ammo - like a shot that instantly removes one bomb or monster without blowing anything else up.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Simply Awesome !
very original, very smooth playing.

Really awesome, I agree with the above posts about humour, alternate modes and definitely more forgiving with the bombs. If I was to nit-pick, I think it could do with a slightly shallower learning curve. Maybe I am just tired a teh suxs, but I really struggled with the third level, before I had even fully got in to the game. Ideally, I should be struggling when I am well and truly hooked.

Other than that, really good!
-thk123botworkstudio.blogspot.com - Shamelessly advertising my new developers blog ^^
I was about too say it is too easy ! xD

It is really a good game, just one downside though. The yellow nets are too powerful. In every level which contains one of them, the gameplay consists only in swallowing everything in your way, without any sense of tactic or anything. That brings the game down, not only by the repetitiveness, but also because it's loooooong! xD

Anyway, great concept and great realization! =)
That's fun. Very innovative concept. I agree with Svalorzen's sentiment about the yellow nets, and their instructions weren't very clear. However, I enjoyed it a great deal. If this your first major effort, you have great things ahead of you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement