Sign in to follow this  

Unity Make children appear/ dissapear with a Gui Button

This topic is 3109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I dont you if any of you work with Unity 3D, but I believe that someone can help since it is a js script matter... I need to make all chindren from a parent to dissapear/ appear at the same time when the Gui Button is clicked, I'm not a programmer and Im having trouble to find a script for that, and at the Unity forum no one seems to be able to help with this matter... I'm using the following code do make objects turn on/off, but this script is for only one object, I attach the script to the object and it works well... function OnGUI () { renderer.enabled = GUI.Toggle (Rect (25, 75, 180, 30), renderer.enabled, "roof", "Button"); } I tried to attach the same script to all objects, but it doesn't work, only the 1st object attached respond to the script... All the objects are children from a parent, someone told me there that I sould try to use IsChildOf command, but he's not sure that it might work... Does anyone here knows how to do this and would be able to help me with the script? Thanks! A. Morris

This topic is 3109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By arash khalaqhdoust
      hey guys i hope you doing all well. last night i released my first game in google app store, i really appreciate you guys  to download it. and share your reviews about it
      the idea of game comes from mini hackgame of Bioshock.
       link of download:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RVBinary.piperist
      many thanks
    • By ForgedInteractive
      Who We Are
      We are Forged Interactive, a small team of like-minded game developers with the sole purpose of making games we love! Currently, we're progressing very quickly with our first project and there are plenty of opportunities and work for new interested programmers. With this project, our development platform is Unity 5.5.2 and C# as our behavioral language. Since this project is our first release, the game itself is a smaller project though progress is moving quickly. We are looking to finalize the current project and get started on future projects in the near future and are expanding our team to do so.

Who We Are Looking For:
      Programmer Level Designer  
      About the Game
      Ours is the tale of two siblings, thrown into a world of chaos. Living in the shadow of their parents' heroic deeds and their Uncle's colorful military career, Finn and Atia are about to become the next force to shape our world. How will you rise through the ranks of Hereilla and what will be your legacy? Once defeated your enemies turn coat and join you in your adventures. Players can enjoy a range of troops and abilities based on their gameplay style which become more important as maps introduce more challenging terrain, enemies and bosses. Strong orc knights, dangerous shamans, and even a dragon are out on the prowl. Knowing when to fight and when to run, and how to manage your army is essential. Your actions alone decide the fate of this world.

Previous Work by Team
      Although we are working towards our first game as Forged Interactive, our team members themselves have worked on titles including and not limited to:
      Final Fantasy Kingsglaive FIFA 2017 Xcom 2 Civilization  
      What do we expect?
      Reference work or portfolio. Examples what have you already done and what projects you have worked on academic or otherwise. The ability to commit to the project on a regular basis. If you are going on a two-week trip, we don't mind, but it would be good if you could commit 10+ hours to the project each week. Willingness to work with a royalty based compensation model, you will be paid when the game launches. Openness to learning new tools and techniques

What can we offer?
      Continuous support and availability from our side. You have the ability to give design input, and creative say in the development of the game. Shown in credits on websites, in-game and more. Insight and contacts from within the Industry.

Contact
      If you are interested in knowing more or joining, please email or PM us on Skype. A member of our management team will reply to you within 48 hours.

E-mail: Recruitment@ForgedInteractive.com

Regards,
      David, Colin and Joseph

Follow us on:
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForgedInteractive/
      Twitter: @ForgedInteract
      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpK3zhq5ToOeDpdI0Eik-Ug?view_as=subscriber
      Reddit: www.reddit.com/user/Forged_Interactive

• By dell96
      I'm trying to make my first project but I'm stuck i don't know how to make my crate to start to spawn again when i hit the start button after i die.
      hoping someone can help!!!
      Crate.cs
      CrateSpawn.cs
      Cratework.cs
      GameController.cs
      GameManager.cs
  • Popular Now