Sign in to follow this  
Andy474

XNA Redistribution / Packaging

ok. Really Quick, hopefully Very Simple Question. I have made/ Designed this game with XNA and I want to move it to my laptop lets say. However. If i move the Game Icon From the Folder in the Project to my Desktop it Stops working (i assume as it cant load the Textures). 2 Question then 1/ How can I Move the Game so its on my Laptop / Other Computers? 2/(probably Wrong place to ask) is it possible to run a XNA Created game in a Applet on the web? or Via Java Web Start

If you want to put the game on your laptop (not the source code), then you can package your game into a self-installing package that will also install the XNA redistributables if required. To do this, from Visual Studio go into the Build menu and select Publish [application name]. This will create a folder, an .applicationdata file, and a .exe file in the destination you specify. Just zip those up, copy them to your laptop, and then run the .exe file and it will install your game for you.

Not sure about your question 2. I haven't heard anything before about being able to run XNA apps on the web. You might have more luck posting your XNA questions on the XNA Creators Club Forums.

I highly recommend going the ClickOnce route. There's more information on msdn, but for the most part, it works as simply as right-clicking your game project in visual studio and choosing "Publish."