Sign in to follow this  

Trouble linking AMD Core Math Library with VS2008 & Ifort v11

This topic is 3103 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to use the fastsinf and fastexpf routines of ACML in some existing fortran code that I am compiling under Windows XP with Visual Studio 2008 and Intel fortran v11.0 build 20080930. My steps: 1. Download the ifort release of ACML 2. Replace an exp call with fastexpf 3. Under project properties -> linker -> input -> additional dependencies and add to it c:\AMD\acml4.2.0\ifort32_mp\lib\libacml_mp_dll.lib, which is where the library is located. However, upon build, it says that there is an unresolved external symbol _FASTEXPF in my function. I am primarily a C++ coder, so I am familiar with linking problems with that language, however I"m a bit new to Fortran, so perhaps I am missing something simple. Would appreciate any insight into this. //edit I should also note that I have tried all the library variants, _mp and otherwise, static and shared. All result in the same error. I am also compiling with /Qopenmp so that shouldn't be the problem

The problem is this, from the documentation

The routines take advantage of the AMD64 architecture for performance, and so are currently only available with 64-bit versions of ACML

I'm compiling for x86

I do not think they provide any 32-bit fast transcendental.

May be you should make an ACML helpdesk request(http://developer.amd.com/support/KnowledgeBase/pages/HelpdeskTicketForm.aspx?Category=1&subCategory=3)

or

post it to their forum(http://forums.amd.com/devforum/categories.cfm?catid=217&entercat=y).

This topic is 3103 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.