alien sprites

Started by
6 comments, last by jagguy2 14 years, 10 months ago
hi, i am after alien sprites royalty free for a game. where can i find some as i keep finding ripped sprites
Advertisement
You have a couple of options. If you're trying to add graphics to a private project that you have no intentions of releasing than just use the ripped sprites. Since you're not distributing the files you should be in good shape.

If not, you could look at various graphics communities. A decent one to ask for help on is pixeljoint.com. You can ask on their forums but keep in mind that you're going to need to give then a really good reason to donate their time.

If you're not looking for pixel art, you can fake it -- a great article resides right here on GameDev: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/art/features/CoderGameArt/

Hope this helps!

-Lead developer for OutpostHD

http://www.lairworks.com

I have a list of links to free graphics on my website.
But what kind of license you have to pay attention yourself!
hi,

I may release the game so i want any royalty free graphics to do with space/aliens. The website link is in german but below there are english links.

I take it i need to chase up the license conditions myself as you were hinting.
Tip:

Whip up some basic sprites yourself. If you actually finish your game using placeholder graphics, people will know you've got the stamina to actually finish a game, and they will be more willing to work with you.
I have done this already and it took ages.

i will upload this on a server in few days
They may or may not be what you're looking for and the resolution on them is very low/oldschool, but the following sets of graphics can be used legally (licence) and may have something useful:
8-bit Sinistar clone graphics
Tyrian ships and tiles

I don't think it has anything suitable, but you could also take a look at SpriteLib just to see what it has.

You could always go for an abstract style so that you're able to make your own simple graphics and still have it look cool.

- Jason Astle-Adams

thanks very much i will look at them

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement