Visual C++ error

Started by
3 comments, last by Kippesoep 14 years, 10 months ago
hi guys i been going through beginning game programming and i am stuck. the book wants me to include a resource file Blizzard.rc but it doesn't let me what am i doing wrong?

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

Advertisement
this is the code i need to include in my game

//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Blizzard Resources// RC Source - Blizzard.rc//-----------------------------------------------------------------//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Include Files//-----------------------------------------------------------------#include "Resource.h"//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Icons//-----------------------------------------------------------------IDI_BLIZZARD       ICON         "Res\\Blizzard.ico"IDI_BLIZZARD_SM    ICON         "Res\\Blizzard_sm.ico"

how would i implement this?

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

What version of VC++ are you using and what is the error message?

Normally, you should just be able to put this in a text file called Blizzard.rc and add it to your solution just as with any file.
Kippesoep
VC++ 2008 and to you have to include resources as an .rc or can u implement it into another file? like a header file or a .cpp file? and if so how would i do that?

Create a text file called Blizzard.rc, paste that code into it and then, in Visual Studio's Solution Explorer (where it lists your files, right-click on the source files folder, choose "Add", "Existing item..." and point it towards that Blizzard.rc file. That's all you need to do.

And yes, it must be an .rc file.
Kippesoep

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement