Sign in to follow this  

Cell Phone Game Programming Questions

This topic is 3104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Me and my friend are web developers for some time now. We are now moving into game development for cell phones. Just wanted to know, 1. Is JME dead? 2. Will android games be a rage like iPhone in future? 3. Other then iPhone, is there any alternative where we can make good money? Please help. Thank you for your time.

1. Is JME dead?

Java Micro Edition (Java ME, formerly J2ME) is very much alive.

Google shows tons of results for "JME", almost none have anything to do with Java ME. If you meant one of those, I don't know if it is dead.

2. Will android games be a rage like iPhone in future?

My crystal ball is broken right now. Try again later.

3. Other then iPhone, is there any alternative where we can make good money?

iPhone apps are not a good source of money.

You are competing against about 24000 other games, many of them are better than yours, and even if you did make it to the top 100, you still would not make very much money. [link] [link] [link]

Yes there are alternatives where you can make good money. Many of them. Good business books can explain them to you.

This topic is 3104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.