Sign in to follow this  

asking for a test!

This topic is 3101 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey guys,I just made a mini game and need some help. I use vs2005 and directx sdk(march 2009) to develop it,and now I'm not sure if it gonna work correctly on the other machines which didn't install sdk but only runtime library.Can you give me a hand?

Error D3DX10_41.DLL not found
Error D3DX9_41.DLL not found
Error MSJAVA.DLL not found

Given that i only have D3DX up to _40, thats an issue of my DirectX SDK being outdated.

D3DX10 is lacking because i am not running Vista/Win7.
And i cannot speak for the existence of msjava in vista/win7.

Tested on Windows XP Pro.

Edit: Try download some VMWare images and test it in those :)

Thanks!My system is also win xp.It can run on my PC,So I think it's ok with dx10 dll,I guess to make this game work you have to install the newest microsoft directx redist file.here's the download link

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml

please help for testing again!

I'm running Windows XP Home SP3. I downloaded and extracted the Zip, but when I attempt to run the exe, the hour glass appears for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. No errors or program.

Quote:
Original post by Chadwell
I'm running Windows XP Home SP3. I downloaded and extracted the Zip, but when I attempt to run the exe, the hour glass appears for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. No errors or program.

hi,Chadwell.have you installed the newest directx runtime file?
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml

Quote:
Original post by enchanted
Thank you guys!I am still looking for a windows xp machine that not install SDK but can run this little game.

What it means is that Windows XP won't run your program unless you have the latest DirectX version and more than likely this will only be the case with the SDK. I tend to avoid using DirectX directly so when I went to try to find an updated version all I got was either DirectX 10 (which is only available on Vista/Win7) or the SDK.

Hi,leeor_net!I am still not sure if it does work without SDK on win xp.So I need someone to test it.The latest directx version doesn't mean Direct10,it means the latest directx redist(runtime) file,which I had posted the link above.

This topic is 3101 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.