getting old projects to work in vs 2008

Started by
0 comments, last by MJP 14 years, 10 months ago
hi i'm new to this forum. i downloaded some programs that was probably written in vs6.. i'm using vs2008 express edition.. when i try compiling the program, it gave me some type conversion error. i tried looking for solution. i changed properties>genral>charset> to multi.. now it gives me a new set of errors.. i can figure out wht they are..pls help.. this is the error that i get.. 1>d3dUtility.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetTime@0 referenced in function "int __cdecl d3d::EnterMsgLoop(bool (__cdecl*)(float))" (?EnterMsgLoop@d3d@@YAHP6A_NM@Z@Z) 1>teapot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20 referenced in function "bool __cdecl Setup(void)" (?Setup@@YA_NXZ) 1>teapot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixLookAtLH@16 referenced in function "bool __cdecl Setup(void)" (?Setup@@YA_NXZ) 1>teapot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateTeapot@12 referenced in function "bool __cdecl Setup(void)" (?Setup@@YA_NXZ) 1>teapot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixRotationY@8 referenced in function "bool __cdecl Display(float)" (?Display@@YA_NM@Z) 1>C:\Documents and Settings\Dhanraj AB\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\oldtrial\Debug\oldtrial.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Dhanraj AB\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\oldtrial\oldtrial\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>oldtrial - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
o_0
Advertisement
timeGetTime is in Winmm.lib...make sure you're linking to that library.

The rest of the functions are D3DX functions, and you need to link with d3dx9.lib. You'll need to have the DirectX SDK installed to get that library.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement