Learning Physics

Started by
1 comment, last by ontheheap 14 years, 10 months ago
I've taken some college courses (math up to differential equations), and attempted a physics course. The physics course I attempted was taught by lecturer who couldn't do any of the problems himself, and he was a terrible teacher. This, combined with other factors, led to me failing the course. I've retained the textbook from our course: Jearl Walker's "Fundamentals of Physics". I've tried, but I just can't seem to learn anything from that book. I had the same problem in class. To me, it seems that he provides some formulas, speaks very generally, and teaches nothing concrete. I'm fine with working to apply concepts and understand them better, but I need something more concrete to go off of. Would any of you be so kind as to recommend which book or books I should check out to learn physics? Or is there something I'm just not understanding about how to use the textbook I have? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. ^_^
Advertisement
MIT OCW is where its at: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-01Physics-IFall1999/VideoLectures/index.htm

Have you checked out Khan Academy? He has a bunch of short video lectures on all sorts of topics, including physics lectures on everything from projectile motion to electromagnetism (basically what you would cover in two semesters of physics).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement