Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoeSSU

PhysX Convex Vs Triangle Mesh

AverageJoeSSU    564
So I read the documentation and it is somewhat non-descriptive. Maybe someone can help contribute to the following =) Convex Mesh: <250 Polys Convex meaning that all angles mesh be less then 180 deg. Satellite dish = non convex mesh. Missile = convex mesh. Convex Meshes can be dynamic, meaning they can move around. Triangular Mesh: >250 polys. Cannot move around Terrain = good triangular mesh. My question is... all you need is to pass in the vertices? what about the index array to describe polys? In the SDK, the mesh shapes example to be exact, they only pass in the verts and thats it. How does physX cook the mesh without knowing what vertices make up which polys? Thanks! Joe

DonDickieD    2751
I could imagine that they use the convex hull for the convex mesh. So you could just feed in any point cloud. For the triangle mesh you need to pass in the indices as well. I am relatively sure about that.

AverageJoeSSU    564
Quote:
Original post by Brother Bob
Next time you post three times the same message, delete two of them. Of better yet, post just once. Cleaned up for you this time.

Didnt realize... when i hit post the server wouldnt respond... until the 3rd time =)... thanks though. It was also 1AM so i was a bit out of it.

Quote:
Original post by DonDickieD
I could imagine that they use the convex hull for the convex mesh. So you could just feed in any point cloud. For the triangle mesh you need to pass in the indices as well. I am relatively sure about that.

Awesome... that makes sense, i missed the indices in the triangle mesh function. Thanks =)