Trouble setting up SDL (UPDATE)

Started by
4 comments, last by Zakwayda 14 years, 10 months ago
I tried to setup SDL with dev-c++ using the lazy Foo tut but something has gone wrong. I put the directories and libraries where he tells me and then when i try to do the tester program. Please help me, by sending me a good tutorial or teling me what i am doing wrong. edit:sorry about that, it comes up with a compiler error saying something about linkers to do with SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING); and SDL_Quit(); [Edited by - DeaconLinkhorn on June 21, 2009 2:20:58 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:but something has gone wrong. I put the directories and libraries where he tells me and then when i try to do the tester program.

... And then what happens?
Please help me, if I cant setup SDL than i'll be stuck in command prompt forever.
Did you link with the SDL library?

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

I am confused by all this, could someone send me a link to a good step by step guide. I did all the stuff that lazy foo said but the errors still come up.
Quote:Original post by DeaconLinkhorn
I am confused by all this, could someone send me a link to a good step by step guide. I did all the stuff that lazy foo said but the errors still come up.
AFAIK, the Lazy Foo tutorial is a 'good step by step guide'. Rather than look for other tutorials, you'd probably be better off sticking with the Lazy Foo tutorial, and trying to figure out what it is that you're doing wrong.

In terms of getting help on this, you have to help us help you. At the very least, post the exact error message that you're getting so that we know what the problem is.

Also, you might consider switching IDEs. (Given that Visual C++ Express is free and is arguably the best IDE available for the Windows environment, there's little reason not to use it.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement