Bauble Play

Started by
6 comments, last by Jenison 14 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys, thought I would share my project with all of you. Its still in alpha but wanted to show it off a bit. Conjure Development The basic premise is a causal 'gem removal' style of gameplay. Its meant to be played here and there with beginners able to play for at least 4 min. Someone who is an expert should be able to play for as long as they like (almost). You control when the level is over, unless you screw up ;) The title is called Bauble Play. You are seeing a scene from a play, and you are interacting with it. The background is the setting how events will play out. Our first 'Play' is a pirate ship. The pirates are trying to steal gems for themselves. its your job to stop them by collecting as many as you can. The ultimate goal of this level is to sink the pirate ship. Features - Casual game play - XBox Controller support - Achievements - Fun? going to try ... Here is some gameplay - YouTube Screen shot Sample of some of the achievements [Edited by - Jenison on June 22, 2009 8:37:59 AM]
Advertisement
It's looking good, my friend.

Couple things:

- Add a cursor for when you are selecting through the gems. It's impossible to tell where you are, and it'll be time-consuming for the player... hence, you'll lose some folks on it.

- Blur the BG while the game is in play. Both the bright colors of the gems and the BG blend in too much.

Other than that, it's looking great. I like the style. Looks like fun.
=============================================MEGA MAN EVOLUTIONMy first project was re-designing a dead franchise. Copy/paste the link below into your address bar for a video sample of the gameplay.http://thedelusionaldreamers.com/video/mmevid.html
Quote:Original post by deathtojohnny
It's looking good, my friend.

Couple things:

- Add a cursor for when you are selecting through the gems. It's impossible to tell where you are, and it'll be time-consuming for the player... hence, you'll lose some folks on it.

- Blur the BG while the game is in play. Both the bright colors of the gems and the BG blend in too much.

Other than that, it's looking great. I like the style. Looks like fun.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. You are not the first to mention the gems vs the background. Last night I added new assets for the gems. I will see what I can do to make the selection more visible. I dont think youtube does it justice but I'll see what I can do.

Did some work on the ui. left is the number of bombs you can set off to sink the ship. Right is your score. Need to get new textures in for the bombs. Achievement menu should be done soon as well.

May be even a title screen.

Hey guys,

A quick update. Title screen is being worked on and polished. We will soon have music / sound effects. Things are going really well. But, i'm shooting for end of July to first week of Aug to be out of Alpha.

Here is a shot of the title screen

I haven't played it (is there a link somewhere that I can't see?), but the art looks great. I agree with deathtojohnny about the background though: the picture looks awesome, but you'll have to make a sacrifice somewhere because even with the new gems, it looks like it would be hard to see what's going on.

Great style! I love how it looks like a puppet theater of sorts. I really want to give it a try. Any demo out?
Very soon, I'm working a few final touches before its beta ready. A lot of polish and making sure the game can be played start to finish. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement