Bloodline: The Dark of Night V1

Started by
3 comments, last by Tyberius 14 years, 10 months ago
: Journal : {As of June 21st, 2009} Hey everyone, This is Nick speaking here on behalf of Brandon and I. If you don't know us, which you probably don't were just two guys with a whole summer ahead of us. Nearing the end of our school year we came up with a very rough concept for a game. In the past few days we have been beginning the basics of this concept. Hopefully we'll be able to share more and more of the game and our hopes for it in the future. This thread is basically going to have the information on our game, our new ideas for it, etc. Just so you know, Brandon is the hand-drawing arts guy and I'm more of the digital painting / writing guy. If we ever need people we'll ask here. -Nick -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Premise of the Game : http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=538754 Genre : Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Gore (more to come [maybe]) Type : MMORPG Platform : Windows XP / Vista, Mac OS X Graphics : 3D (Hopefully) Uniqueness : (these ideas we are hoping to involve in the game) 1. Night/Day Buffs (depending on race) 2. Realm versus Realm (to be explained) 3. Vampires and Humans (Brandon and I have not seen a 3D MMO Vampire game) 4. Unique Affinities (you'll see) 5. Skybox (a box above the arena with a glass floor for viewing PvP, Clan vs Clan and Realm vs Realm in) [These are just some ideas, we can't give you them all.. Or developers might take them. :P] Art Concepts : http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=538750 Webpage : (we are currently thinking of incorporating a webpage) 3D Models : (far from starting) Developement : (far from starting) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks a ton for actually reading this far. If you've bothered to read this all then feel free to drop a comment on the page to let us know if were missing any key parts in the process of creating a 3D MMO. I know we haven't covered all of them so it would be more than helpful if you could fill us in on these areas so that we know what kind of people we'll need to ever be able to create this game. This is some what of a summer project and we have no intentions of finishing it over the summer. Our hopes are to get enough of a concept down to send a gaming corporation the concept and have them develope the game. Thank you -------------------------- Copyrights*** [Edited by - Tyberius on June 22, 2009 10:01:43 AM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Tyberius
Our hopes are to get enough of a concept down to send a gaming corporation the concept and have them develope the game.
Before you go ahead with that premise, you might want to make a list of MMO developers who are willing accept game ideas from the general public ;)
Hah. Didn't think it through that far. Well hopefully we can attract the attention of a sponsorship of some sort.

Who knows.. For now it will be just following the pursuit of a hobby. :P
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
Quote:Original post by Tyberius
Our hopes are to get enough of a concept down to send a gaming corporation the concept and have them develope the game.
Before you go ahead with that premise, you might want to make a list of MMO developers who are willing accept game ideas from the general public ;)

I agree with this, primarily because every game studio I've ever read up on (MMO and non-MMO) cannot accept game ideas due to legal reasons (typically found on the companies FAQ page).

Quote:Who knows.. For now it will be just following the pursuit of a hobby. :P

That's a good (and respectable) idea. If nothing else it's great experience to work on something and see it through to the end.

Good Luck!

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

Brandon here,

Just like to say we're looking for a more violent based mmorpg, we're not 100% sure about it, but we may submit to the creators of the mmorpg Requiem: Bloodymare, Gravity Interactive. Acclaim is also a choice because they created 2moons which I myself am a huge fan of and Nick has also enjoyed as well.

You never know, those are the companies we're hoping for though.

[Edited by - Tyberius on June 22, 2009 6:33:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement