Can action game succeed on casual market?

Started by
1 comment, last by xraven13 14 years, 9 months ago
Hi.. I made game design for a 2D space shooter game (bird-view) with some really original twists, specially in battle. I have send it to developers but they think that today in casual market action games cannot succeed but that games that bring good money are puzzle games, hidden object games and point 'n' click adventures.. So, what u people think about it, are they correct? They say that in casual game there should be no single violence, for example in my game you destroy enemy ships with meteors, i don't see it really violent but they obviously do... I also have 1 more question - in what number of copies Chicken Invaders games was sold.. I can't find anywhere information about it.. Also, would u see that kinda game as violent ? Thanks in advance for all your help and forgive me for my bad English :)
Advertisement
Hey bud, their looking at your idea from a marketing perspective. Don't let them discourage you. You'll need to find a producer who is able to target the demographic that would appeal to your game. So you may want to think about keeping the game-play but alter the story. So if you're using meteors to attack ships, think about using peanuts to attack rubber duckies or something. Create two or three of the same gameplay but different theme and show producers that you're able to develop the idea into something they can use. Also, for something like this, I know X-box live has alot of little 2D games, however, if you're hoping to get some attention, it better be really really good. Otherwise it might just be one of those "I accidently downloaded this game, and it's alright"
Well i will keep this game design for future.. Problem is that they think that casual games should not have any destruction, game should be really, really slow and not ask any reflexes..
So, that is problem.. They also think that casual gamers hate space theme games..
That is not problem because i could change theme but like i told, there is more problems then that 1...
Anyway, they offered me to make some puzzle or match 3 game so i will try with that..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement