[c++ dx10]shader or link buffers

Started by
1 comment, last by XVincentX 14 years, 10 months ago
Hy. I have a collection of classes(CMesh)that have a draw method that exactly draw the mesh with a shader. For you is better to have a shader ready to draw(with all the required resources ,vertex and index buffer) in each object of this class or dinamically bind the buffer and the resources in a single shader that cyclically draw all meshes of the same type in a collection ? In the first case is more fast ? or ... it is not worth the candle Can i have some problem in the first mode of band with or so one? thanks.
Advertisement
upup
Vertex and Index buffer are not part of shader-stage, they own to Input Assembly Stage

However, even with multiple shaders, using D3DX10FX framework, the Apply method makes a complete shaders and bound resources replacement, so from this point of view it's useless have got more equal shaders for more objects. (Load it more times???)

Anyway, D3D10 device can't support multiple shader bound to the pipeline.

The best advice i can give to you it's to add a shader pointer to your draw function in order to select a shader for rendering. If that pointer == NULL, leave current shader and draw simply the object.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement