Subversion: Errors when merging a branch

Started by
3 comments, last by phresnel 14 years, 10 months ago
I've been working on a supplemental XNA framework for some time on my own, using a personal web-hosting account with Dreamhost - which supplies easy Subversion setup - for my version control. I wanted to gain some experience with branching and merging, so I used TortoiseSVN to create a branch in a separate section of the repository, made the changes I wanted to make, and now am ready to merge it back into my trunk. Here's what I've tried: -Committed all my changes to the branch -Switched my local working copy back to the trunk -Clicked "merge" using TortoiseSVN, and selected the "reintegration a branch" option, using the branch folder as the source. But when I finally click "go," I recieve the following error;
"Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by 'http://myrepositoryurl.com/myrepository'"
Is this something that has a quick fix, or does my Dreamhost SVN server really not support merging? If not, does anyone else use Dreamhost for SVN hosting, and have a handy tutorial on overriding their copy with my own updated, locally-installed SVN binaries? Alternatively, am I just trying to merge incorrectly? Edit: The Dreamhost implementation of SVN is version 1.4.2, if that helps.
Deep Blue Wave - Brian's Dev Blog.
Advertisement
Uhm, have you already asked dreamhost or looked into the manual?

edit: Oh, and of course:

Quote:Never forget that, as with 99% of open source software, there's always the possibility of asking the developers or contributors directly: http://subversion.tigris.org/. Posting there will help them to increase their software, and will make yourself a contributor.
But of course - Google is my best friend. I posted this question concurrently with my own searching, just in case someone had a readily-available solution.

As it turns out, there is a somewhat-comprehensive upgrade tutorial in the Dreamhost wiki here, for anyone running into this problem in the future. I'm in the middle of building the source from the latest SVN release right now, but once it's set up I'll be sure to let the community know whether or not the problem was solved.
Deep Blue Wave - Brian's Dev Blog.
Merge tracking requires Subversion 1.5.0 or newer. You mentioned a server version of 1.4.2.

This has more details.

Quote:Original post by BTownTKD
But of course - Google is my best friend.

That is good, but I was asking if you already asked dreamhost support specifically. They might tell you what is enabled and what not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement