Beginning but by no means inexperienced

Started by
1 comment, last by jpetrie 14 years, 9 months ago
Hello all, call me Rhaine. I have been playing games since I was 8, started with Mario and FFI and just haven't stopped. Around junior high I began taking a more in depth approach to games, I began to reverse engineer the games I was playing. I'd ask, well how does this action affect the game? or what was the logic behind that sequence? in essence I was testing the bounds of my games far after the original beta tests. This led to even deeper trains of thought, reverse engineering the game algorithms to understand why 255 was the maximum value for stats in Final Fantasy 8(and on). So now with a game idea that has shifted name and concepts several times in my head only about 1/8 of it on paper or computer, I have come here. I don't mean to beg for help but if there are any people that are interested in my project I would be glad to have you. As with anything I need artists and programmers of a far better caliber than myself. My programming knowledge is incomplete, but the learning is on going, and my art is mediocre at best. In addition to that I need fellow designers, I'm just one person and I have a plethora of ideas but I need other opinions to help weed out whats bad and whats good. As well I'm not the best at designing for a casting class, and my first project is an RPG that has casters in it. NOTE: I am building this project and the subsequent studio that may arise from it from scratch. There is no immediate guarantee of payment, its a huge risk I know. If anyone is available to help from time to time let me know what days you are available to work on this. I understand we all have lives and jobs to attend to. Thank you.
Advertisement
Quote:Beginning but by no means inexperienced

Got something to show that you are, indeed, not inexperienced? From your post, I gather that you are inexperienced in pretty much every area of game-development (including planning and organizing but also marketing - aside from the technical aspects). Wouldn't it be better to take some time to investigate, so you know what you're getting into? Otherwise, I foresee that at the very most, you'll attract other beginners, or simply nobody at all.

I'd also recommend picking a project that's doable for your current skillset: a smaller and simpler game would be good to get some experience with, without being a huge time sink.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Quote:
So now with a game idea that has shifted name and concepts several times in my head only about 1/8 of it on paper or computer, I have come here. I don't mean to beg for help but if there are any people that are interested in my project I would be glad to have you.

You probably want to create a thread in the Help Wanted forum (please do note that that forum has a required template for posting that you must adhere to, or your post will be closed).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement