Sign in to follow this  
freeworld

I need some easy ideas.

freeworld    341
OK after a horrible double HD Crash, never buy open box no matter how cheap it is, I finally got my hobby engine back to a usable state but I dont have any ideas for a simple project to test its functionality and expose bugs. So fire away what is a simple game like tetris or arkanoid, with the only limitations that it must be single player and must not be reliant on the mouse. And think simple, something That should be more than capable of throwing together in just a couple weeks. thanks.

bzroom    647
A game on a grid with holes, and you have blocks that you have to push around to fill the holes, to cross the gaps, escaping the levels.

A game with randomly placed platforms that scroll across the screen that you have to jump to, fall through, balance on.. i dunno

A game where you're just constantly falling and you have to guide yourself through a series of eccentric rings.

A game where you have to choose a cannon angle and projectile velocity to hit some kind of target. you can make the targets as complex as you want

A game where you can have anything you imagine, in any location at any time, playing in either direction, using nothing but your mind, which also simultaneously feeds you pizza, not from topolinos though. I got pulled over in bellevue and had to eat there cause i was starving stranded.. it was like chuck norris punched me in the gut and then pissed all over my hands and my plate and the table and unfortunately my face and my clothes and you can see how this would be not enjoyable.

freeworld    341
Quote:
Original post by Storyyeller
How about a brute force hash solver?

Not a game in any sense, but interesting and might inspire my next update.

Quote:
Original post by bzroom
A game on a grid with holes, and you have blocks that you have to push around to fill the holes, to cross the gaps, escaping the levels.

A game with randomly placed platforms that scroll across the screen that you have to jump to, fall through, balance on.. i dunno

A game where you're just constantly falling and you have to guide yourself through a series of eccentric rings.

A game where you have to choose a cannon angle and projectile velocity to hit some kind of target. you can make the targets as complex as you want

A game where you can have anything you imagine, in any location at any time, playing in either direction, using nothing but your mind, which also simultaneously feeds you pizza, not from topolinos though. I got pulled over in bellevue and had to eat there cause i was starving stranded.. it was like chuck norris punched me in the gut and then pissed all over my hands and my plate and the table and unfortunately my face and my clothes and you can see how this would be not enjoyable.

Just be glad chuck norris wanted anything to do with you, But I think I'll take your Scortched Earth idea.

Storyyeller    215
I thought you weren't asking for a game specifically, just any sort of project.
A brute force hash solver is quick to write and would definitely put the CPU through its paces.