SlimDX

Started by
2 comments, last by zer0wolf 14 years, 10 months ago
Ok I already posted a question about Game Programming With Visual Basic For Teens. I asked what graphics software can I use besides DirectX to use with the book and someone pointed me to SlimDX. I am using it it is working correctly but I'm new to Game Development (The only game I have made is pong and a small unfinished game that is very stupid, but have made many programs like calculators ect). I googled tutorials but couldn't find any ones that fit my problem can anyone point me to a good site for tutorials on slimDX.
Advertisement
Seeing as how SlimDX is developed by GameDev.net regulars, your best place to post questions would probably be here.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
The problem is I'm new to any software like that, and I would have problems throughout the entire book so a good tutorial covering the basics would help more. I would rather not just post every time something comes up. Should I go and buy a primer book or would tutorials work?
You haven't said what exactly you're looking for in a tutorial, so no one can post any useful suggestions. Honestly, if the most advanced game you've done in pong then I'd imagine you still need to spend some time honing up your programming chops before trying to dive into a suite of multimedia libraries. You say you need something to help you out with "the basics", but the basics of what exactly?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement