Sign in to follow this  

Help with Particles

This topic is 3099 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I assume this is the best place to post this question. I am new to programming and have went down the list of games to make as a newbie. But they werent really polished but used as learning programming. I want to step up now and make a well polished game. I know Particle Systems are used to make effects in games like fire, smoke, etc. etc. I was just wondering what would be the best way to make one for 2D games, or maybe not reinvent the wheel and use a free one. I know how to program in Blitz Plus and Visual Basic but am learning C ++ Thanks in advance

Quote:
Original post by pseudobot
So this is in C++ right? What API are you using?

I dont know C++ well enough yet to even make a pong game. I will be using Blitz Plus or Visual Basic. And my API would be DirectX

I forgot to put this in my OP but, I said I was learning C++ and knew Blitz and VB to see if the languages I already know could make this now or if I should hold of untill I know C++

This topic is 3099 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.