Sign in to follow this  
scottrick49

Graphics glitch on intel integrated graphics

scottrick49    455
Hi, I was testing my current project on some different machines to help ferret out problems, and I found one. Here's a picture of a satellite being rendered correctly on the debug screen in my project: rendered correctly All is well! However, as I zoom out more and more in game, I start to see artifacts on it! artifact! I have two other machines with a GeForce card and an ATI card and they do not have the problem. I feel like its a problem with the depth buffer, but I don't know why I wouldn't see it on the other machines as well. Or could it be a problem with the integrated Intel graphics?

scottrick49    455
Quote:
What depth buffer precision does the app use with that Intel chip?

Not sure how to check this? I'm not changing any of the OpenGL setup / configuration based on the video card, or is this entirely card dependent?

zedz    291
to see if it is zfighting (Im not 100% certain)
try gluPerspective( X,X, near *10.0, far );
i.e. make the near clipplane 10x larger

swiftcoder    18432
Quote:
Original post by scottrick49
Quote:
What depth buffer precision does the app use with that Intel chip?
Not sure how to check this? I'm not changing any of the OpenGL setup / configuration based on the video card, or is this entirely card dependent?
You request a specific number of depth bits when you create the OpenGL context - thus the method varies depending on your windowing toolkit.

If you don't request a specific number of bits, the driver will pick a default, and the Intel driver may be defaulting lower than the ATI. The Intel card should support a higher bit depth though, so try requesting one. For instance, my Intel X3100 (on a Mac) supports both 16 and 24 bit depth, and appears to default to 16.