[C++] bask in my awesomeness.

Started by
41 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 11 years, 1 month ago
This is more of a demonstration anyway. It isn't a serious piece of software.
Of course we can nitpick.

[Edited by - loufoque on June 28, 2009 5:38:18 PM]
Advertisement
There's a difference between just nitpicking and being a dick while nitpicking. You either don't know or care where the line between the two is.
It made reddit.

And that thread points out another scary library.

Quote:Original post by SiCrane
There's a difference between just nitpicking and being a dick while nitpicking. You either don't know or care where the line between the two is.

It may also be that some of the ironic sentiment of the whole thing is lost in translation (to French).

Still, it took me a long time to shake off that "way less awesome than you think" jab.
Thread bookmarked. [grin]
I showed your library to some senior programmers as an awesome example of abusing of operator overloading, and one thought that "std::cout << doc << '\n';" was the scary part...
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
I showed your library to some senior programmers as an awesome example of abusing of operator overloading, and one thought that "std::cout << doc << '\n';" was the scary part...

"senior" according to who? :)
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Job-description... and pay-cheque size?

Depressing, I know ;(
Actually, this isn't very far off from the kind of thing you find in boost, except it's much more primitive.
It's not really abuse in my book.

Presenting it as an awesome piece of magic obscure and obfuscated code gives bad reputation to C++ DSEL programming.

Quote:

Original post by loufoque
Actually, this isn't very far off from the kind of thing you find in boost, except it's much more primitive.
It's not really abuse in my book.

Presenting it as an awesome piece of magic obscure and obfuscated code gives bad reputation to C++ DSEL programming.

Belittling other people and their work is not acceptable in the General Programming forum. I suggest you start acting a hell of a lot more civil.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement