Is this a dead forum?

Started by
14 comments, last by HIND-D 24 years, 3 months ago
It's not (for me)...
Advertisement
Not quite, but I think it might be getting there.
I don't think its dead yet. I expect I'll be posting some stuff up here soon as I get to the AI part of my new project, maybe asking for advice, maybe giving it.
----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
Ahh, but can an AI forum really be alive in the first place?

Some would argue that this forum is just a collection of zeroes and ones, and was never truly "alive..."

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
clever.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Its only dead in the sense that nobody has anything productive to say... Including me actually.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

dead or not, don't put it in the deadbook. Someday, someone's going to want info on AI and it won't be here. Like me.
Just that AI's one of the last things that people think about...
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
A lot of more technical forums need specific topics of interest to come alive, then they lay dormant until the next topic comes. That seems to be the way this forum is going as most people settle with really simple AI tricks (or havent even gotten there yet).

It will be here when needed though.

Of note, the forum doesnt have a moderator, and often that makes a big difference. Someone who can throw out ideas for discussion and answer any questions quickly is a big help for keeping a forum active.

-Geoff

Ok, so how do you become a moderator?
Jonatan Hedborg
Moderators are appointed by us. I've been trying to find a moderator for this forum. Because I knew that it would likely be less active than the others, I've wanted to find someone who is high profile in the game AI community to help spark discussion. The people I have contacted so far haven't been able to commit, so the search continues. If anyone has any recommendations, or if you feel you fit the profile, let me know.

- Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement