Can't draw a line on 2D picture.

Started by
4 comments, last by Namethatnobodyelsetook 14 years, 9 months ago
I used the simple sample on Directx SDK (2009 march).

//draw a white line from 100,100 to 150,150;
DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX vertices[2] = {
	{100,100,0.5f,1.0f,0xffffffff,0,0},
	{150,150,0.5f,1.0f,0xffffffff,0,0}
};
pd3dDevice->SetFVF( DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX::FVF );
pd3dDevice->DrawPrimitiveUP( D3DPT_LINESTRIP, 1, vertices, sizeof( DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX ) );

DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX struct is struct DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX { float x, y, z, h; D3DCOLOR color; float tu, tv; static DWORD FVF; }; It's can show on the screen. but when I want to draw it on a picture.like this

ID3DXSprite* &sp = g_pSprite9;
		sp->Begin(D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND);
		sp->Draw(bg,NULL,NULL,NULL,0xffffffff);//bg is a texture pointer
		sp->End();

DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX vertices[2] = {
			{100,100,0.5f,1.0f,0xffffffff,0,0},
			{150,150,0.5f,1.0f,0xffffffff,0,0}
		};
		pd3dDevice->SetFVF( DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX::FVF );
		pd3dDevice->DrawPrimitiveUP( D3DPT_LINESTRIP, 1, vertices, sizeof( DXUT_SCREEN_VERTEX ) );

it didn't work!If I want to show the line,I can't draw the picture.How to draw upon no it.
Advertisement

My guess would be that the sprite is closer than the line in terms of Z. Try using a Z of 0 in the vertices.
Quote:Original post by Banhurt
This is not a direct solution to your problem, but if you're using ID3DXSprite for sprites, why don't you use ID3DXLine for lines? :) You may like it.

It's can draw lines,but it still dont fix the problem.
Quote:Original post by ET3D
My guess would be that the sprite is closer than the line in terms of Z. Try using a Z of 0 in the vertices.

yeah,it works.is that d3d device have option to disable the z order sort?
pDev->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, false);

If you never use the Z buffer, when creating your device, set EnableAutoDepthStencil to false. You will need to update your Clear call to not clear Z if you do this, otherwise Clear will fail, and won't even clear your backbuffer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement