List your steam games

Started by
15 comments, last by dij 14 years, 9 months ago
I have 51 games and I intend to buy all of my games off steam from now on.
Remember Codeka is my alternate account, just remember that!
Advertisement
I have no Steam games. I bought the Orange Box but was aghast to find out your needed high speed internet just to install the frikkin software. I live in that vast geographic majority of the North American continent that has only dial up.

It would not be so bad if I could just wait through the 15 or so hours it takes to download the latest patches so I could activate one game (another 15 to 30 for the other games) and play offline, but the Steam algorithms involve timeouts and reconnects and the timeouts are not long enough for dialup. That and the download restarts from the beginning after a reconnect. Very poorly done.

In addition, the UI is very slow and nonresponsive. I have a pretty good gaming rig, the Steam UI responsiveness is inexcusable.

I would not ever by another Steam game and I would never recommend one to anyone else.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Quote:Original post by Bregma
I have no Steam games. I bought the Orange Box but was aghast to find out your needed high speed internet just to install the frikkin software. I live in that vast geographic majority of the North American continent that has only dial up.

It would not be so bad if I could just wait through the 15 or so hours it takes to download the latest patches so I could activate one game (another 15 to 30 for the other games) and play offline, but the Steam algorithms involve timeouts and reconnects and the timeouts are not long enough for dialup. That and the download restarts from the beginning after a reconnect. Very poorly done.

Ah, you do know that the percentage counter is based on what is LEFT to download for the start of that session, right? Not percent of the total patch,...

Quote:
In addition, the UI is very slow and nonresponsive. I have a pretty good gaming rig, the Steam UI responsiveness is inexcusable.

What do you find "slow and non-responsive" about the UI? Other than some minor startup lag, or a bit of lag after just exiting a game from time to time, the UI is just as responsive as anything else I've dealt with.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Apparently I own 42 games on Steam, but this is the only one I play regularly.
My steam games (41 count). Steam is bad for me. I used to not buy games much at all; now it makes me, by continually offering extremely good deals.

Example - I need to get this when I get the money.

(I recommend this game for small doses of time wasting)

RivieraKid, I love Shadowgrounds. Incredibly fun when doing hot-seat cooperative. If you've only played it solo, find someone to go through it coop on the same computer. (You'll need a controller though, while the other player uses the keyboard and mouse)
Quote:Original post by Crazyfool
Team Fortress 2. I am actually sad that a lot of the games I had that used Source engine were long before Steam came around and now don't seem to work. Maybe I got them banned or something? =(

Even if banned from a online Steam game, you can still play it, just not on secure VAC servers.

Did you buy your Source games used? Valve offers great service with Steam, but is adamantly against re-sale of their games. (Which is fine with me, since they offer their games so cheaply)

I, ages and ages ago, bought a boxed package deal called 'Half life Complete pack'*, that was purchased before Steam even existed. Recently, using a single CD key from a single one of the five games in that package, I permanently got digital versions of those five games associated with my Steam account. Now I can replay Opposing Force, even though I've long since lost my CD key.

*Half life 1, Team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift.
I have 11 distinct games in my Steam list, which are either Valve games or indie games like Braid, Aquaria, WoG or Darwinia. The other 7 things listed there are add-ons/episodes or SDKs. I would buy more AAA games through Steam, but it's still cheaper for CDWOW to mail me a game box to Australia from the other side of the world, rather than pay the price the publishers set for a download.
I was surprised to find I have 91 games on my steam list, didn't think I had that many.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968132692/games
www.brainspasm.co.uk My Gameswww.startasanaffiliate.net Teaching the easy way to make extra money online.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement