ocx control arrays

Started by
4 comments, last by xSuiCidEx 24 years, 7 months ago
First: Any particular reason why you'd want multiple sockets? There is no (real) limit to the number of connections you can have on each socket!

Secondly: I might misunderstand your question, but if it's an OCX, it's a COM object and you'd just Release() it, and delete the memory, or?

/NJ

<b>/NJ</b>
Advertisement
well..i am using the socketwrench ocx for connections, etc....i thought you had to create an array of the control (each one in the array being for each user that connects) in order for multiple connections to take place...i have a socketwrench control named "Listen" on the form that listens for connections and send them to one of the arrays of the ocx control (one thats not currently being used)...

------------------
---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---

---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---
I don't know about that particular OCX, but in general sockets don't work like that. What you do is, you create one socket and then call listen() (or is it accept(), can't remember) when it returns, you got a connection and a new socket handle to that specific connection.

Standard socket server code has one thread listening for connections, and then spawns a new thread for each connection, passing the new socket handle to the thread.

/NJ

<b>/NJ</b>
if you did it that way how would you know how to senddata to a certain person.....or to all the users currently connected? how would the control keep track of all the sockets and socketnumbers for each of them?

------------------
---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---

---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---
im working with sockets and using an ocx control in borland c++ builder 4.0 and i want to create an ocx control array such as:
Sock[10];
so that i have 10 sockets set up...how can i load/unload these arrays?
any help would be appreciated.....thanx

------------------
---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---

---===xxxx===---
----THE END----
---===xxxx===---
Ehm! I think you miss the fact a socket connection is not the same as a socket port - you can have multiple unique connections on the same port - each connection is assigned their own specific handle. You can however, only have one server listening on each port on a given IP number...

There are some really small and easy to use exsamples with the win32 SDK - check'em out, you'll be surprised .

/Niels

<b>/NJ</b>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement