Books you cannot put down

Started by
60 comments, last by BLiTZWiNG 14 years, 9 months ago
The Gap Series by Stephen Donaldson.

It's like everyone's a bad guy.
Advertisement
"Super Glue and You: a Hands-On Study"

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I'm currently reading the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire. Excellent books so far.
I like most books based on dystopias (is that the word I'm looking for, a la Brave New World and other 'utopias gone wrong' type stroies?).
The Old Kingdom series, by Garth Nix.

Necromancy, conflicts between science and magic, good and evil, and bureaucracy. The first book is Sabriel.

Written for a high school age audience or younger, but its very difficult to put down until you finish the trilogy.
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
if you like Terry Pratchett you may enjoy the MythAdventures series. Extremely funny.

Quote:Original post by Chokki
The Old Kingdom series, by Garth Nix.

Necromancy, conflicts between science and magic, good and evil, and bureaucracy. The first book is Sabriel.

Written for a high school age audience or younger, but its very difficult to put down until you finish the trilogy.

excellent thanks.
I find it easier to just not pick books up to begin with.

@Sirisian: You totally missed the point of Lord of the Flies.
I read "The Catcher in the Rye" last month and finished in a record sitting. It has a very fluent proze that makes it easy to get hooked in.
I've found Robin Hobb's novels particularly difficult to put down.

Reading Magician also involved many overnight reading sessions!
In addition to the mention of Terry Pratchett above, I'll add a recommendation for the master of far fetched fiction, Robert Rankin.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement