GUI for Open GL?

Started by
3 comments, last by Duo_m_02 22 years, 9 months ago
Does anybody know of software that takes a shape made in a user friendly seting such as brcye or 3d max ect. that converts shapes into vertices for C++ not for anything like anamation or lighting just thinking out and typing the verticies for shapes that have 100 to 200 vertices can get a bit confusing and annoying after a while.
Advertisement
there''s a program called 3d exploration which converts models to opengl code. or you could write your own converter.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
Polarisoft Home Page
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
You should write an Loader...

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
You really shouldn''t draw 3D meshes with hundreds of lines of openGL code. Learn to use data structures and design a mesh class. Then for the mesh::draw() method, just recurse through the triangles using a simple loop.

www.elf-stone.com

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

You can export your 3DSMax models to .ASE format. It is a readable, ASCII format. You should be able to figure out the format of the file pretty easily. Then you can write a parser that will load them into your apps.

In 3DSMax, go under File->Export and choose .ASE as the format.
It only took me a few minutes to figure out the whole format.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement