I Need Help All Read

Started by
8 comments, last by Type-H 22 years, 9 months ago
Whats Up Guyz i need help i dont no crap about game programming whats the best language i can use I''m Thinking Of Buy C++ Starter Kit Or Visual Basic Starter Kit Witch One Is Good And Keep In Mind I Suck At Math Please Hit Me Guyz ===Thanks===
Advertisement
I would highly recommend reading this.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I would recommend starting with math

With best regards,
Mirek Czerwiñski
http://kris.top.pl/~kherin/
With best regards, Mirek Czerwiñski
Yes, very definately read that.
If you are not good with math, you are going to have a hard time programming. Especially when it comes to game programming, you need to have a solid understanding of atleast basic algebra. And if you hope to someday do anything in 3d, you are going to need a decent understanding of trigonometry, and some pre-calc.
Don''t let that scare you though, as I found it MUCH easier to learn algebra, when I was using it for a real purpose while writing computer programs.
If you don''t know any algebra, then I would recommend you take a class on it, or atleast find a book that will teach you the basics, because you will need to understand that if nothing else.
The more math you know, the easier programming will become. If that sounds odd, just realize that everything your computer does, is just a series of math problems!

Well, that''s my opinion anyway, good luck to ya!

--Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
Do any of you know any site about math i know a little math so do any of you got a math site cause when i''m in school i dont like to learn math so it will be better for me to learn on the web..man that whole math crap makes me wanna give up allready theres gotta be a easyer way
Hey, just keep trying, some of the maths stuff we are taught at school, I agree can be crap and may seem pointless, but nevertheless if you want to be a programmer you need to know at least some basic algebra. Try listening to the teacher and even if you are having trouble understanding some of the algebra or other stuff try asking your teacher. They most likely will be willing to help you. If you want to learn more about maths stuff, that you ain''t learning at school just go to the library and look at some books, or someone at this forum will probably be willing to answer some of your questions.

--DAVID--

MASTER THE OTHERSIDE OF GAMING
--DEVELOPMENT--
--DAVID--MASTER THE OTHERSIDE OF GAMING--DEVELOPMENT--
Ah, I see you are from the USA. Yes, the schools here suck. Teachers seem to have forgotten how to teach, and instead give large amounts of homework in order to make you figure it out on your own.
Unfortunately, there isn''t really any alternatives that i know of.
How much math do you now know? What class are you in?
Hmm.. I guess it would help to ask how old you are and what grade are you in?

one thing... dont'' give up! keep at it, and you will eventually get somewhere.

Alright, I got a couple more questions for ya. Have you ever done any programming? If so, what?

Well, hit me back with the answers and I''ll see if I can help you out some more.

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
My advice is to read and practice as much as you can. Math isnt that bad if you have a good reason for doing it and believe me you will need it in any kind of programming. Time spent on learning c++ will be well worth it.
Math is very important, there are alot of references to the stuff you learn in class that are in those programming books. Formulas, variables...everything really. I don''t know about radioactive half life though...

U also may look into inproving your english grammer, a little rusty
To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god.- Napoleon Bonaparte

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement