Red Assault

Started by
8 comments, last by Cabalistik 8 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone, here's my new project. The game is a turnbased startegy, in which you control either the Soviets or the American's in a 1980s scenario. The graphics will be old school style, something in the spirit of Commander Keen 4 :) The game is in a very early stage, so there's plenty of stuff still to do. I plan on updating both this thread and the website, which is at: Red Assault [Edited by - Cabalistik on July 20, 2009 5:56:51 AM]
Advertisement
This looks awesome! Very similar to Red Alert, though...

Looking forward to its release! Is it going to be freeware/shareware/other?

Is this anything like the Advance Wars games? The style is a little reminiscent of the cartoony graphics from those games.
Thanks for the replies!

Mybowlcut: I realize the similarities between Red Alert :) You could say that the project is partly inspired by it. I will try to make it different though, such having turn based gameplay. Haven't really thought about how I'm going to release it, it's still quite a journey to that point.

michee: I have heard of the Advance Wars, but never actually played the series. Weren't they made for the gameboy?
Quote:michee: I have heard of the Advance Wars, but never actually played the series. Weren't they made for the gameboy?

GameBoy Advance and then later DS.

Looks fuckin' awesome!(and I wish I'd thought of it.) If you need an almost-expert on Cold War weapons, then I daresay you'd have a hard time finding someone better than I.

Anyway, keep up the good work and let me know if you ever need any help with art or anything...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Hey everyone, released a small update on the site click here
Progress has been mainly on getting the basic stuff to work. I'll definitely keep that in mind Prinz Eugn if I need any help, thanks.
Released a video
">
You can see how the units move, some scrolling and also the water "animations" :D
New update. Info on game balancing and stats for the commie soldier.
http://redassault.tumblr.com/post/163773885/a-bit-bout-balancing

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've last posted but work hasn't stopped tongue.png Below is the newest screenshot of the game:

Y5bggqx.png

There's quite a few new features added such as:

- Transportation of troops in vehicles (BMP-2, Bradley M2) is now possible.

- Units have limited amount of ammo/fuel and need to be rearmed periodically.

- Different tile types have different properties eg. vehicles move faster on roads, but infantry get better defense in forests.

I've been updating the website from time to time which you can check out here http://redassault.tumblr.com and if you have any question feel free to post them below! Thanks smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement