Sign in to follow this  
Steve00000

Librarys

so, im working on this project, i wanted to get started with directx 10 and stuff. im using visual studio and in my solution i have two projects one is a static library and the other an executable, the executable refrences the library as a dependancy. i have the static library there to handle all the background work while ideally the executable might remain relativly simple. this worked great at first from the executable i was able to change the windows clear colour (at compile time since as i said it was just a start) but as im adding to it i'v come across a linker error and one thing im sure is a unicode thing. i guess what im asking is: which project should have the directx libs (and is it d3dx10 that i need to use the ID3DXSprite object?) and also im having trouble with the LPCSTR and LPCWSTR items, im sure they're why when my program does run it crashes D3DX10CreateTextureFromFile this function is where my program stops when im stepping into it to tell me thers an unhandled exception

(in VS2005...later version might vary)

Right-click on your project (both presumably) and select properties. Under Configuration Properties select General. Find "Character Set" and change it to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set"

You link all the dependecies in the final project (the executable)

Lib A depends on Lib B - give the header directory to the project
Lib C depends on Lib A - give the header directory to the project
Executable D depends on C and A - Link A,B, and C and give the header directories to the project.