Sign in to follow this  

Mac OS X - Ogg Vorbis Setup Difficulty

This topic is 3067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Due to my recent problems creating a loading function for a simple .wav file, i've decided to take a more efficient route by implementing the ogg vorbis library in my solution. I'm working under the Mac OS. The following are the steps I have completed: 1) I visited www.vorbis.com, at which i then visited the downloads section, checked out the SVN information, and downloaded the ogg and vorbis directories. 2) I opened up the xcode proj's inside each folder's macosx folders, and compiled each which resulted in a released version of the framework. 3) I then placed these frameworks at /Library/Frameworks. 4) I then added these frameworks to my existing solution, and used #include <Ogg/ogg.h>, which i assumed would include the ogg.h header file. Unfortunately, this is not working. Did i miss a step somewhere in here? I've spent 3 hours on this alone, and I've been programming for a few years now lol It's things like this that make me feel stupid... Thanks in advance! - Sean

The error i'm getting is:

/Users/trptultima/Desktop/First Game/iPhone Base Project/Classes/Sound/CSoundManager.h:16:21: error: Ogg/ogg.h: No such file or directory

I am simply using

#include <Ogg/ogg.h>

I have no clue why it isn't working...

I did this a long time ago and I remember I had a lot of problems getting ogg setup as well. IIRC, I ended up having to download ogg and vorbis from source and compile it myself. Then I had to set my xcode project to manually point to the appropriate headers.

I hope that helps :/

[Edited by - scarypajamas on July 21, 2009 7:08:37 PM]

Wooooo! Thank you so much! I just did a search on manually setting up xcode to do that, and it's compiling perfectly now! You've made me a very happy person. Thanks!

This topic is 3067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.