• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Infinite_Daremo

OpenAL alGenBuffers() problem

This topic is 3260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive wrapped up the openGL alGenBuffers() function into my own sound class and this is used to create a new buffer everytime i load a new sound. On the first run through it works fine, i can load as many sounds as i like and it fine, then ill delete all the sounds and try to load something else...the first one always fails but then all subsequent ones will work fine, again when i delete them it will happen again. it comes back with the error 40964. here is the function call im using, alGenBuffers(1, &m_Buffer); where m_Buffer is ALuint m_Buffer; anyone know what could be going wrong?? Edit ------------------------------------ Ok after abit of debugging, ive found out that when im calling alDeleteBuffers(1,&M_Buffer), some times its comming out with this error malloc: *** error for object 0xea7dc0: Non-aligned pointer being freed (2) which then seems to lead to the next set of buffers not been loaded correctly. thought this might help anyone in figuring out my problem [Edited by - Infinite_Daremo on July 21, 2009 2:44:24 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!