Sign in to follow this  

[web] Multiple Web Services

This topic is 3068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I didn't know where to put this question, but here I go: I have come to a "design" with 3 webservices which in turn are dependant on eachother, but not as static references but dynamic, like this: IService1 { void DoSomething(string sIService2Url) {...} } IService2 { //This is usually called by IService1 void DoSomethingElse() {...} void DoSomething(string sIService3Url) {...} } IService3 { ... } Do you get what I mean? IService1 is dependant on receiving a valid url to IService2, the actual interface contract for IService2 is agreed on between the two services. Would you say that this kind of service contracts should be avoided? The option we have is to merge the the services into one, which I would say is feasible for IService2 and IService3, but not really for IService1 and IService2. Generally, I've never had to design webservices like this - I would just reference the required IService2 implementation as a webservice reference in the IService1, but the issue is that we would need to provide different implementations of this, chosen by the client. Doe anyone know what this "concept" would be called - so that I can read more about it? Thank you.

Quote:
Doe anyone know what this "concept" would be called

A house of cards? [grin]

Seriously, I never heard a special name for something like that.

This topic is 3068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.