what are console based application ?

Started by
7 comments, last by Driv3MeFar 14 years, 8 months ago
hello i am new programmer i have no idea about console based applications [Edited by - Promit on July 21, 2009 3:16:17 PM]
Advertisement
Unless you're talking about game consoles: console applications.
One question mark is adequate in English. Edited.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Console apps in Windows are apps that run in a "DOS" box, or console. They are the simplest code, so the beginners tutorials usually start there.
Kind of boring though.

Frank
This is one of my console games.

They are lots of fun to make, though I've dropped writing strictly for Windows, and I now write cross-platform games.

Anyway, the game above has the source available, so you are free to learn stuff from it, and feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions regarding it.
[size=2]Bang Bang Attack Studios
Senior Technical Director
Professional Typographer / Letterer Comic Art Commissions Profile
they it is an old way of doing then plz tell me which is newer style of developing game
Quote:Original post by Qureshi
they it is an old way of doing then plz tell me which is newer style of developing game

If you are a new programmer don't worry about it. Make some guess the number and text adventure games. Learn to program, then learn to program games.
is Direct X is console based programming ?
No.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement