Sign in to follow this  
atenzor

ModGrafix Engine XM-F (PS3/X360/Wii/PC)

Recommended Posts

The "FAQ v1" is available here: http://mod-team.webs.com/FAQv1.txt I hope it answers the questions for now. Read it before asking a question! ORIGINAL POST: Hi, my name is David Jordan, I'm a programmer. I created a team called "MODteam" which is responsible for creating video game development engines which are used to create video games for PC, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and the PlayStation 3. One of our first tools is called "ModGrafix Engine XM-F" and with it, you can develop professional games for the PC, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3. It is easy to use, because we integrated PDF manuals that explain step-by-step on how to develop video games for the video game systems mentioned above. However, the tool will be released on January 5th, 2010 at v1.0 and is not free, it's $1,499.99 USD (no tax, download-only). So, if you want to get serious, OR if you are a professional programmer or/and video game developer, this tool will be a "must have!". For more details on this, visit our website at: http://mod-team.webs.com/ David J. [Edited by - atenzor on July 22, 2009 9:19:13 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
1) Your screenshots are all of the Unity game engine editor.

2) You're on a free web host.

3) Your team bios are just 'he helps a lot'.

Are you just re-selling Unity? [rolleyes]


1) They are not all from Unity game engine editor, check here for info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModGrafix_Engine_XM-F

2) So? It's better than paying and my website would look the same anyway, I don't need anything professional.

3) Yes I know, I will need to re-adjust the bios page.

...and NO, I am not re-selling Unity.

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
So how does the Unity engine boot up on the 360?
Does the OpenGL renderer hold up well on the 360? [lol]
Is your PDF the one from the unity site?


Let me explain you how it works:

1) The necessary files are created using Cinema 4D and Unity3D engines.
2) The files are then processed through ModEngine RGx5 to create the .iso
3) You burn the .iso file with other needed files to a blank DVD or Blu-Ray and play in your system.

The PDFs are created by us, not based on any PDF.

Understand? You see, it's easy like 1-2-3. :)

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
1) They are not all from Unity game engine editor, check here for info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModGrafix_Engine_XM-F


I see you've gone to the effort of putting up a wikipedia page too. Excellent work. Now where's my chequebook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?


No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by thedo
Quote:
1) They are not all from Unity game engine editor, check here for info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModGrafix_Engine_XM-F


I see you've gone to the effort of putting up a wikipedia page too. Excellent work. Now where's my chequebook?


What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?


No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.


I'm not really sure, but uhm, you seem to be selling a load of bullcrap. If you use images from the Unity3D website and use Cinema-4D as tools and sell them bundled for like 1.5K USD, it sounds like you're running a scam here.

If you really intend to sell your engine and that it works on the XBox 360, Wii and PS3, I suggest you get yourself a game demo that runs on the PC and then port these demo over to all those machines and provide ACTUAL prove you made it work. Because I frankly don't believe you've actually tested this out on the XBox, PS3 and Wii. And your product claims to run on those 3 consoles, so you'll have to inform the user with a large asterisks that it requires you to hack your console before you can run the software on it.

And how the hell are you gonna develop games for those consoles without 'any programming experience whatsoever'?

Toolmaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?


No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.


I'm not really sure, but uhm, you seem to be selling a load of bullcrap. If you use images from the Unity3D website and use Cinema-4D as tools and sell them bundled for like 1.5K USD, it sounds like you're running a scam here.

If you really intend to sell your engine and that it works on the XBox 360, Wii and PS3, I suggest you get yourself a game demo that runs on the PC and then port these demo over to all those machines and provide ACTUAL prove you made it work. Because I frankly don't believe you've actually tested this out on the XBox, PS3 and Wii. And your product claims to run on those 3 consoles, so you'll have to inform the user with a large asterisks that it requires you to hack your console before you can run the software on it.

And how the hell are you gonna develop games for those consoles without 'any programming experience whatsoever'?

Toolmaker


OK, it's simple: it's no scam. The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them. Cinema 4D and Unity3D are just used to make the graphics, sound, etc. Our manuals will explain how to use them without the need of any programming languages. Don't worry, I know this all sounds like a dream come true, but IT IS! Anyway, more updates soon.

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
Quote:
Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?


No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.



PS3 can't run unsigned code... Well it can but no access to kernel so no hardware accelerator, on the other hand, you are in a big trouble at the moment with your advertisment :)

[Edited by - Milleniumas on July 22, 2009 7:23:50 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
OK, it's simple: it's no scam. The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them. Cinema 4D and Unity3D are just used to make the graphics, sound, etc. Our manuals will explain how to use them without the need of any programming languages. Don't worry, I know this all sounds like a dream come true, but IT IS! Anyway, more updates soon.

David J.


Then prove it by providing evidence. Because at the moment I am writing this reply, I'm having a foursome with 3 hot photo models who happen to be bi-sexual aswell. IT IS TRUE! TRUST ME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
OK, it's simple: it's no scam. The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them. Cinema 4D and Unity3D are just used to make the graphics, sound, etc. Our manuals will explain how to use them without the need of any programming languages. Don't worry, I know this all sounds like a dream come true, but IT IS! Anyway, more updates soon.

David J.


Then prove it by providing evidence. Because at the moment I am writing this reply, I'm having a foursome with 3 hot photo models who happen to be bi-sexual aswell. IT IS TRUE! TRUST ME!


I don't understand you last sentence very well, but for the first, yes proof is coming.

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
I guess you just have to wait and see that it will work.

David J.
Maybe, but it won't be hardware accelerated, so it'll be slow as hell. It's not possible to use the vector unit with unsigned code. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
I guess you just have to wait and see that it will work.

David J.
Maybe, but it won't be hardware accelerated, so it'll be slow as hell. It's not possible to use the vector unit with unsigned code. Period.


You, my friend, are about to be surprised when you see it in action!

David J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello David,

Please do not take this the wrong way because it is not meant as that. Anyway, people are asking you serious questions about the product you and your team have created and are all valid points. If someone is going to drop $1500 on a "tool" they want to know how it is going to work and what to expect. I think you may be taking it a bit too harsh when you need to be taking it as constructive criticism. Once you start advertising and getting the word out people will want to know answers. If you think these questions are hard then wait until a development studio starts questioning you :)

Are you a registered development company and have the SDK's for those systems? Or does it require everyone to mod their system (or make those hacked CD's basically). I don't think a professional studio is going to develop a game that requires the end user to hack their system.

Finally, when you say "I don't need anything professional" it is troubling. As you have noticed, people look at those things "aka free web host" and it speaks mounds about the character of your business. Also, you are portraying yourself as a professional; so don't you think you need to act and present yourself as one?

A few words of advice...
1) Get a real web hosting company.
2) Update your site to include screen shots/videos of your product in action. You can still show the other products, but make sure you show yours as well. Once again, I am not going to drop that kind of money into something I have no clue what the heck it does!
3) Take everything else seriously. That bio page gives off the vibe "yeah the web developer was too lazy to actually sit down and interview the team to get good content.", "This contact form is limited to 25 messages" is very bad in the professional world, etc.
4) Fix your grammar! For instance, on the about us page you have "David Jordan wanted to develop commercial"... You wanted to? Or you are? Things like that make me feel like it's a bunch of teenagers wanting to make a quick buck!

I hope you take something out of this and improve upon it. I am trying to help you out. You need to be open minded instead of being so guarded. We can't help people who don't want to be helped! Trust me... I wouldn't waste my time if I wasn't trying to help.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't understand why you would announce this now without anything to show for yet. We can't buy it yet, we can't try it yet, we can't see anything yet, what is the point? Clearly a troll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor

The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them

David J.


Professional developers will not waste their time because who wants to hack their system to play a game? No game is worth that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Until now, best homebrew thing which was done on Ps3 was pong and you are telling me that you have some magic trick to enable full kernel access via unsigned code on PS3. Yeah, I would love to see it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by atenzor
You, my friend, are about to be surprised when you see it in action!
I doubt he'd be surprised. He's a professional programmer with years of experience, and many finished games under his belt. He knows what he is talking about.

You're a con man who doesn't have the first clue what he is talking about.

The only unknown factor here is who to contact first?

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Maxon, Unity Studios, Webs.com,etc...etc...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this