ModGrafix Engine XM-F (PS3/X360/Wii/PC)

Started by
37 comments, last by Toolmaker 14 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Toolmaker
Quote:Original post by atenzor
Quote:Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?

No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.

I'm not really sure, but uhm, you seem to be selling a load of bullcrap. If you use images from the Unity3D website and use Cinema-4D as tools and sell them bundled for like 1.5K USD, it sounds like you're running a scam here.

If you really intend to sell your engine and that it works on the XBox 360, Wii and PS3, I suggest you get yourself a game demo that runs on the PC and then port these demo over to all those machines and provide ACTUAL prove you made it work. Because I frankly don't believe you've actually tested this out on the XBox, PS3 and Wii. And your product claims to run on those 3 consoles, so you'll have to inform the user with a large asterisks that it requires you to hack your console before you can run the software on it.

And how the hell are you gonna develop games for those consoles without 'any programming experience whatsoever'?

Toolmaker

OK, it's simple: it's no scam. The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them. Cinema 4D and Unity3D are just used to make the graphics, sound, etc. Our manuals will explain how to use them without the need of any programming languages. Don't worry, I know this all sounds like a dream come true, but IT IS! Anyway, more updates soon.

David J.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Daaark
Neither the 360 or the PS3 run unsigned code off user created media.

How are you bundling Unity and Cinema 4D at that low cost? Especially when you aren't reselling them?

No, the "ModEngine RGx5" renders the graphics on the systems.
The user must know how to run unsigned code on the systems, there are lots of websites for this.

The cost is not "final", it will change.

David J.

PS3 can't run unsigned code... Well it can but no access to kernel so no hardware accelerator, on the other hand, you are in a big trouble at the moment with your advertisment :)

[Edited by - Milleniumas on July 22, 2009 7:23:50 AM]
I guess you just have to wait and see that it will work.

David J.
OK, it's simple: it's no scam. The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them. Cinema 4D and Unity3D are just used to make the graphics, sound, etc. Our manuals will explain how to use them without the need of any programming languages. Don't worry, I know this all sounds like a dream come true, but IT IS! Anyway, more updates soon.

David J.

Then prove it by providing evidence. Because at the moment I am writing this reply, I'm having a foursome with 3 hot photo models who happen to be bi-sexual aswell. IT IS TRUE! TRUST ME!

But it won't work on PS3, dude really, come down to earth...
Quote:Original post by Toolmaker

David J.

Then prove it by providing evidence. Because at the moment I am writing this reply, I'm having a foursome with 3 hot photo models who happen to be bi-sexual aswell. IT IS TRUE! TRUST ME!

I don't understand you last sentence very well, but for the first, yes proof is coming.

David J.

David J.
Maybe, but it won't be hardware accelerated, so it'll be slow as hell. It's not possible to use the vector unit with unsigned code. Period.
Quote:Original post by Milleniumas
But it won't work on PS3, dude really, come down to earth...

You will see, it will, you just have to wait and see. ;)

David J.
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve

David J.
Maybe, but it won't be hardware accelerated, so it'll be slow as hell. It's not possible to use the vector unit with unsigned code. Period.

You, my friend, are about to be surprised when you see it in action!

David J.
Hello David,

Please do not take this the wrong way because it is not meant as that. Anyway, people are asking you serious questions about the product you and your team have created and are all valid points. If someone is going to drop $1500 on a "tool" they want to know how it is going to work and what to expect. I think you may be taking it a bit too harsh when you need to be taking it as constructive criticism. Once you start advertising and getting the word out people will want to know answers. If you think these questions are hard then wait until a development studio starts questioning you :)

Are you a registered development company and have the SDK's for those systems? Or does it require everyone to mod their system (or make those hacked CD's basically). I don't think a professional studio is going to develop a game that requires the end user to hack their system.

Finally, when you say "I don't need anything professional" it is troubling. As you have noticed, people look at those things "aka free web host" and it speaks mounds about the character of your business. Also, you are portraying yourself as a professional; so don't you think you need to act and present yourself as one?

A few words of advice...
1) Get a real web hosting company.
2) Update your site to include screen shots/videos of your product in action. You can still show the other products, but make sure you show yours as well. Once again, I am not going to drop that kind of money into something I have no clue what the heck it does!
3) Take everything else seriously. That bio page gives off the vibe "yeah the web developer was too lazy to actually sit down and interview the team to get good content.", "This contact form is limited to 25 messages" is very bad in the professional world, etc.
4) Fix your grammar! For instance, on the about us page you have "David Jordan wanted to develop commercial"... You wanted to? Or you are? Things like that make me feel like it's a bunch of teenagers wanting to make a quick buck!

I hope you take something out of this and improve upon it. I am trying to help you out. You need to be open minded instead of being so guarded. We can't help people who don't want to be helped! Trust me... I wouldn't waste my time if I wasn't trying to help.

I do wish you the best of luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement