ModGrafix Engine XM-F (PS3/X360/Wii/PC)

Started by
37 comments, last by Toolmaker 14 years, 9 months ago
I don't understand why you would announce this now without anything to show for yet. We can't buy it yet, we can't try it yet, we can't see anything yet, what is the point? Clearly a troll?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by atenzor

The users WILL be told that they need to "hack the console" before they run the software on them

David J.

Professional developers will not waste their time because who wants to hack their system to play a game? No game is worth that...
OK, I think I will make a "FAQ" regarding this, because I see it is needed.
So, post ALL questions you have here and I will make a "FAQ" and update it!

Thanks!

David J.
Until now, best homebrew thing which was done on Ps3 was pong and you are telling me that you have some magic trick to enable full kernel access via unsigned code on PS3. Yeah, I would love to see it :)
You, my friend, are about to be surprised when you see it in action!
I doubt he'd be surprised. He's a professional programmer with years of experience, and many finished games under his belt. He knows what he is talking about.

You're a con man who doesn't have the first clue what he is talking about.

The only unknown factor here is who to contact first?

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Maxon, Unity Studios, Webs.com,etc...etc...?

Quote:Original post by Daaark
You, my friend, are about to be surprised when you see it in action!
I doubt he'd be surprised. He's a professional programmer with years of experience, and many finished games under his belt. He knows what he is talking about.

You're a con man who doesn't have the first clue what he is talking about.

The only unknown factor here is who to contact first?

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Maxon, Unity Studios, Webs.com,etc...etc...?

I am not saying he doesn't know what he is talking about. He made a point and I made mine. There is no need to contact anyone for this, actually, why would you contact them for?

David J.
I'm confused.. why go to all the effort? It is obvious you have no intention on delivering this product as specified. (Admittedly, creating a Wikipedia page yourself for your own product isn't hard.)

Development kits for the Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3 platforms cost (each) within the USD $2,000 - $5,000 range, and licenses even more. You will require each of these to be able to develop this tool, and each of your prospective customers will also require these. Yet you are not willing to purchase even the cheapest webspace to promote your product?

Not to mention that the 'copy protection remover', '[ability] to use homebrew code' and '"bootable" .iso file' (sic) creation certainly wouldn't fly in a professional development situation. (from your 'spec sheet')

Unity does not target the 360, Wii, or PS3 platforms. Indeed, a request for Xbox 360 build targeting mentions most of the issues I've just raised (see Aras Pranckevicius's post).

I could see some kind of underground tool, designed to run unsigned code using whatever is the latest state of the art in 'console hacking', being released, but this would certainly be nothing professional, new, or legal for that matter.

Is it to 'raise a profile' and create an image, so future posts on Gaming forums with less knowledge of the development process are taken seriously? Or just outright trolling? (In which case, IHBT :))

(looks like I'm too slow posting, oh well)
Quote:Original post by mattd
I'm confused.. why go to all the effort? It is obvious you have no intention on delivering this product as specified. (Admittedly, creating a Wikipedia page yourself for your own product isn't hard.)

Development kits for the Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3 platforms cost (each) within the USD $2,000 - $5,000 range, and licenses even more. You will require each of these to be able to develop this tool, and each of your prospective customers will also require these. Yet you are not willing to purchase even the cheapest webspace to promote your product?

Not to mention that the 'copy protection remover', '[ability] to use homebrew code' and '"bootable" .iso file' (sic) creation certainly wouldn't fly in a professional development situation.

Unity does not target the 360, Wii, or PS3 platforms. Indeed, a request for Xbox 360 build targeting mentions most of the issues I've just raised (see Aras Pranckevicius's post).

Is it to 'raise a profile' and create an image, so future posts on Gaming forums with less knowledge of the development process are taken seriously? Or just outright trolling? (In which case, IHBT :))

(looks like I'm too slow posting, oh well)

OMG, you don't understand. Unity is not used for the consoles, it's our hard-coded ModEngine RGx5. The cost will change and we didn't include any SDKs in the product. You didn't understood this product I see. The product will be available on January 5th, 2009.

David J.
So what are you removing copy protection from? Unity, Cinema4D? How are they getting valid licenses to create content in those apps?
Quote:Original post by Daaark
So what are you removing copy protection from? Unity, Cinema4D? How are they getting valid licenses to create content in those apps?

The protection remover is integrated into the ModEngine RGx5. It will install a small file on the system to allow any burned games in .iso format to be played on it, without the "signed code check system". We can also call it "signed code checker remover".

David J.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement