Sign in to follow this  
nick5454

iPhone Developers IDE

Yeah Xcode can be annoying if you are used to using VS, but the latest version is actually quite improved compared to the older 2.x versions, and I guess you could use something else, but then you won't get the iphone templates that come with Xcode and you won't be able to run the iphone simulator to test stuff out.

[Edited by - daviangel on July 28, 2009 1:03:52 AM]

The new XCode is definitely much better. I use it over Netbeans now for Mac programming.

I do like MSVS the best but I too am curious of there are templates for iPhone for it. It would be awesome not having to bring my mac to work just to use XCode in my spare time.

MSVS can't compile for IPhone, i say we use it for developing. First of all we write game under Win32 and DirectX. After game complete we just compile it for IPhone. (We use crossplatform library, classes interface on all platforms identical but realisation is different)

just make sure you read the xcode docs, if you use it how the designers intended it (and not try to use it like VS) then its really not that bad an IDE :)

its rather crap if you expect it to work like VS tho ;)