Sign in to follow this  
TylerMoore

[web] IE 6.0

We are currently developing an application that needs to work on IE 6 along with other browsers. However, we cant find a copy of IE 6 anywhere to install to test on. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Quote:
Original post by Sander
Try the Evolt browser archive. They even have IE 2.0 and Mosaic.
I used to use these, but unfortunately they do not run on Vista (at least the important one, IE 6, doesn't), and conditional comments act according to the latest version of IE installed rather than the version of IE you're using - If you have IE 8 installed the IE 6 About dialog shows version 8 and <!--[if IE 6]>this wouldn't be displayed<![endif]-->. JScript is, bizarrely, unaffected.

Quote:
Original post by benryves
I used to use these, but unfortunately they do not run on Vista (at least the important one, IE 6, doesn't), and conditional comments act according to the latest version of IE installed.

Yeah. IE doesn't work properly when multiple versions are installed simultaneously. Funnily enough, I don't have that problem on Linux :-) I am using ies4linux to run multiple IEs under Wine at the same time. I also often use browsershots.org.