Sign in to follow this  
giugio

inverse kinematics simple question

Hy. I'm sure not able to create a c++ project for inverse kinematics , but i have a question: I'm understand that for example an inverse kinematics body can move his hand to get a apple, but for example , the run.... how the robot learn to move his joints for run? There are methods for teach the movement to the model? THanks.

The fastest way it to use motion captured data.

If that is not an option then you will want to create an IK rig for you model and animate it "by hand". One step at a time. Do a search online for "walk cycle" and you should find many tutorials that show you how to do this.

Quote:
Original post by giugio
There are methods for teach the movement to the model?
There are methods to teach an articulated system to walk (or move in some other way), but for practical purposes these have proven to be ineffective. Practical walking is acheived by copying a human-created walk cycle - either created by recording the joint positions of a person doing a walk (motion capture), or created by an artist/designer using an animation tool.

IK is useful only when you know, in spatial terms, the position that the end joint needs to be at. An artist can use IK as a tool to help him more easily build animations. A robotic arm can use IK to reach for objects if it doesn't need to care about unbalancing itself. IK would not be used for making a real-life robot walk because it considers motion without considering forces - for practical robot walking it's still a case of copying walk cycles (as mentioned above) combined with Inverse Dynamics.