• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Scaling in GLSL

This topic is 3198 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This may be a beginner's question, but I wasn't exactly sure how to do it. If I wanted to scale my image in GLSL, does anyone know how I would go about doing so within my shaders. Thank you.

Advertisement
Assumption:
You are rendering an image to the screen by rendering a full-screen quad?

You can scale the image by scaling the texture-coordinates which are being used to sample the texture.
However, texture coordinates are in the range 0-1, so simply multiplying them by a scale value will scale the image out from one corner.
If you want to scale from the center you could do:texCoords = (texCoords - 0.5) * scale + (0.5 * scale);

I was thinking more along the lines of, that I render a teapot once as black, but scale it slightly larger than it is, and then render it a second time normally, to give myself a black outline around it.

Ok, scaling a 3d model, not an image then.

The outline-scaling effect is usually achieved by adding the (scaled) normal to the position. Also, when rendering the black version, you probably want to reverse the culling operation (so front-faces are culled and back-faces are visible).

In your vertex shader:
vec3 outputPosition = inputPosition + inputNormal * 42.0;

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement