Quality midi templates for song production

Started by
2 comments, last by jjandreau 14 years, 9 months ago
Hello not sure if anybody can help here. What I am looking for is good quality midi templates - happy to purchase. These templates would mostly contain grooves & drum patterns in a variety of styles in midi format. So I could find 'african percussion' templates for example, import that in my sequencer, play it through whatever synth or sampler which is midi compatible. Akin to the templates you get on a Korg workstation for example. I know Stormdrum works off midi grooves as well. I can't afford either. I am not a drummer/percussionist so purchasing a large well designed library of midi templates would be valuable to me. Not only to help my rhythm but I find when scoring, song templates ie on the Korg m3 can provide quick inspiration. ie writing for an animal documentory, tigers, playing a combi with african percussion often helps ideas flow if I am feeling stuck. Any ideas? Thanks
Advertisement
Look around on Ebay for retail MIDI song collections or google a MIDI song which has a rhythm pattern you like. You should be able to find plenty of material but you'll still have to adapt it to whatever system and VST you're using (i.e. move the notes so they cue the right sample). From there you can edit and tweak the MIDI material to make it more original.

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Perhaps this is what you have in mind?

http://www.midisamples.com/
Why not search for audio samples of African percussion rhythms, and then transcribe them?

Good practice for the ear, the mind, and your wallet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement