[GDK]Readout coordinate of Camera Position

Started by
2 comments, last by PureBlackSin 14 years, 8 months ago
how can i do this? i can spawn now a object at position like i want but i want to spawn it on a specific position. second question : how can i add a collision on 3d objects?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Gianotti
how can i do this? i can spawn now a object at position like i want but i want to spawn it on a specific position.

second question : how can i add a collision on 3d objects?

Its hard to understand your first question, cause its like you got it to spawn like you want it to, but you want it to spawn like you want it to.

The second question.
AFAIK, GDK doesn't come with built-in collision detection. You will need something like DarkPhysics or a collision library of your choice that you can integrated with the GDK.

I am assuming your talking about DarkGDK.
oh so sorry man i can spawn objects on position xyz but i want to spawn them on pos xyz = 100. can i read my position with a command?
For GDK one of the best is sparky's collision library. That was really good a while back (a few years ago).

To get positions of an object use something like:

gdk_getXposition (0);

you do realise that all of this is in the help file, all the commands are listed there. If you can find them there download the none GDK version of help and attack the gdk prefix onto the commands before using them.

PureBlackSin

P.S. It might be better if you posted in the gamecreators forum, they will probably be more specific and helpful.
For Games, Articles and Custom High End Computers, come visit.Myndoko

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement