[SOLVED] Problem with WindRes: -x c' after last input file has no effect

Started by
1 comment, last by Caglow 14 years, 8 months ago
I'm building this project I have for Windows (using Code::Blocks & MinGW), and all goes fine until it builds the resource. I only built the projects with MinGW before the problem though, and I reinstalled it because of the GLUT linking problem I had earlier which has since been fixed. Yet, when I had the GLUT linking problems, I didn't have any issues compiling the resource files. The problem came what felt like out of nowhere. Anyways, here's my build log:

-------------- Build: Main Win32 in ci ---------------

windres.exe -i E:\Projects\C\I\src\cires.rc -J rc -o ..\obj\cires.res -O coff 
gcc.exe: E:ProjectsCIsrccires.rc: No such file or directory
gcc.exe: warning: `-x c' after last input file has no effect
gcc.exe: no input files
windres: preprocessing failed.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 1 warnings
Everything else builds without a warning. And it's not just this project. Projects that I've built a month ago which I haven't changed the settings at all which had successfully built resources before are also having the same problem. I replaced windres.exe with no luck. FYI, this problem occurs on BOTH MinGW AND Cygwin so whatever the problem is, it affects them both. EDIT: For those wondering, yes, I've searched the web with no luck. I found two that looked promising. The first turned out the problem because there were spaces in the directory path. There are no spaces here. The second one had the error in English exactly like mine but it was like in Iranian. When I used Google Translate, it didn't really make sense. [Edited by - Caglow on August 8, 2009 11:59:26 AM]
Advertisement
I've never worked with MinGW nor GCC before, but the output

gcc.exe: E:ProjectsCIsrccires.rc: No such file or directory

looks like a dead giveaway. Wherever you provide the path, try using forward slashes or double backslashes. Something is removing the single backslashes.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Weird...after I restarted my computer...it works! I haven't got a clue what a computer restart would do that would solve the problem but...strange.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement