Sign in to follow this  

Mixing Qt Creator with Freetype and Boost

This topic is 3041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to add GLFT (http://polimath.com/projects/glft_font/), which includes and uses Freetype to render truetype fonts in OpenGL. Seems straight forward enough, I compiled Freetype for mingw, and it seemed to work fine. When I add GLFT to my project, I get never-before-seen compiler errors saying "undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::dir_itr_first(void*&, std::string const&, std::string&, boost::filesystem::file_status&, boost::filesystem::file_status&)'" The line at which this error is supposed to occur doesn't even have any reference to boost. This seems completely random to me, I'm just wondering if there is some sort of complication with using Qt Creator, since it ships with a version of Freetype which I'm not using, not sure how really. I'm not actually using the Qt libraries either, just the IDE. Without GLFT everything works perfectly. Ideas, anyone?

Found the mistake, boost::filesystem specifically was no longer linked, I have no idea why it was missing from the .pro file, the compiler message threw me off by pointing me to a line which was unrelated to boost, oh well, that's what happens when you're up too late ;) It all compiles happily now.

This topic is 3041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.