Sign in to follow this  
divasg

Someone plz help..........problem with textures and shaders

hello friends , i am a newbie in opengl but i have given a difficult task of creating an ray cast application for which i need to pass 4- 5 textures to my glsl shaders. i have 2 issues ISSUE 1) when i pass textures to my shaders like this , i get the output image on my screen texture_locationTemp = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "temporarytexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationTemp, 1); texture_locationVol = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "VolumeTexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationVol, 2); texture_locationDir = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "Directiontexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationDir,3); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, swapLogic[ 1- currentSurface]); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE2); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, Volumetex3d); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE3); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texIDBack); But when i pass textures like this (Starting from location GL_TEXTURE0 instead of GL_TEXTURE1), i get the distored image. texture_locationTemp = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "temporarytexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationTemp, 0); texture_locationVol = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "VolumeTexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationVol, 1); texture_locationDir = glGetUniformLocation(p2, "Directiontexture"); glUniform1i(texture_locationDir,2); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, swapLogic[ 1- currentSurface]); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, Volumetex3d); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE2); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texIDBack); i am not able to understand this starange behavior , seems like GL_TEXTURE0 does not work. ISSUE 2) ISSUE 2 is related to issue 1) in the beginning before starting rendering ( before onpaint method), i m creating 7-8 2d textures and 1-2 3d textures which i will pass further to my shaders during final rendering step... and this code is executed only once during execution.. Gluint Volumetex3d = textureHandlerObj.Create3DTexture(path,rawdata); Gluint texIDEmptySpaceTexture = Create3DTextureEmptyScpaceTexture(); Gluint crop2dTex = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); Gluint texIDBack = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); Gluint texIDfront = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); ... .... the issue is that if i change the order of creation of these textures, the output on my screen changes.... for instance if i change the order to Gluint Volumetex3d = textureHandlerObj.Create3DTexture(path,rawdata); Gluint texIDEmptySpaceTexture = Create3DTextureEmptyScpaceTexture(); Gluint crop2dTex = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); Gluint texIDfront = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); Gluint texIDBack = Create2DTexture(viewPort.width,viewPort.height); now texidFront texture is created before textureIdBack texture..... code inside all this functions like similar to this ( using GL_TEXTURE_2D for 2d texture and GL_TEXTURE_3D for 3d texture)... GLuint img; glGenTextures(1, &img); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, img); glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB, width, height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, data); i dont understand why order of creation of this textures effect my output.... what i think can be a bug is if i use the order no 1 then the the texture binded to GL_TEXTURE_2D after the end of the function is texIdfront but if i use order no 2 then it is texIdBack .. i think this binding switch is somewhere casuing the problem due to which these textures are not passed to shaders properly which cause the distortion. but i m not able to find out what i am missing and what i have to do to make it work for any order ( why it deopends upon order).... PLZ HELP ..

i m an Idiot... unknowingly i have commented some of my code due to which i was getting the weird results...

this topic can be closed.... :)

Quote:
Original post by divasg
this topic can be closed.... :)

Users close their topics themselves by prefixing the topic title with "[solved]" or "[closed]". Mods generally won't hard-close threads for several good reasons.

So, in your case, replace "Someone plz help..........problem with textures and shaders " with "[solved] Someone plz help..........problem with textures and shaders ".

And maybe next time, skip the "Someone plz help.........."-part and just write "problem with textures and shaders" ;)