• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Yezu

SMPEG file format

This topic is 3230 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have implemented a vide player using SMPEG. However I cannot seem to find a proper file format it can play. I found one short movie on the web which plays, but all my created an MPEG-1 files only produce a black screen. However it's duration is ok. Can anybody tell what format exactly do I need to use SMPEG? Or at least suggest something else i can use instead (except FFMPEG and SDL_ffmpeg)? thanks :)

Advertisement
Ok. So I didn't get the answer I needed. However I did find something usefull, so I'm sharing this with anyone that might need.

I found a bash script that may convert pretty much any video to a one that smpeg will read:

#!/bin/bash

mencoder $1 -of mpeg -mpegopts format=mpeg1:tsaf:muxrate=2000 -o $2 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=1152:keyint=15:mbd=2:aspect=4/3

example of use:

./scriptname source.avi destination.mpg

This of course requires mplayer with mencoder. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!